Wednesday 1 October 2008

Weds. 1st October

I have been busy this week so far, which I like! I visited an ex-colleague on Monday who has just had a breast reconstruction following a mastectomy. She looked well, thankfully, but insisted on showing me her scars! We had a lovely chat and caught up on news of other ex-colleagues and the time just flew. It's a bit worrying the number of women I've heard of recently who are fighting cancer, especially as my sister and my mother have both had the dreadful disease. However, it does no good to dwell on these things - live life for the day. One good thing came from my visit. A. is absolutely brilliant at sewing and has taken up patchwork so we are going to meet one afternoon a month and she will teach me some simple patchwork / quilting. That should be good.
Yesterday, I went to the toddlers group at church, called praise and play. It's really good and the little ones are lovely. They sing and play instruments, listen to a story and colour a picture or do a craft. The vicar wants me to be the children's coordinator to sort out the sunday school etc. I told him I'd think about it but it sounds a lot of work. We shall see.
K. came home a bit upset as he'd been to see the nurse to get the results of a series of blood tests and it seems that there may be a problem. So he had to go back for another blood test today and one next week before we get the full picture. So, fingers crossed!
Today was my art class. I really enjoy it and wish I'd done it years ago. As I'm just learning techniques, my pictures have no partcular style. The tutor says that will come with time and confidence. Let's hope so. I'll have to close now as I have a gang of women coming round to plan a party for the WI.

No comments: