Monday 29 September 2008

Monday 29th Sept.

Well, it's 9am on a Monday morning and I'm no feeling very energetic this morning, so I thought I'd write my blog. I've had a busy weekend with one thing and another. Friday night was guides. J. had planned a really good evening and the girls responded well. There were quite a lot absent, so it was quieter than usual! On Saturday, I was 'on duty' at a coffee morning. It was held in the most beautiful old stone house in Broadbottom. I love going there as the garden and views are wonderful. Inside the hall has a magnificent tiled floor and the rooms are spacious. The house belongs to an elderly couple who look after all this without help - amazing. The lady of the house is a local historian and is most interesting to talk to. K's job was on the bookstall and spent his morning in the library - just his style!
Yesterday we had a visitor from church. M. is working in our parish for 12 months. He has come from Nairobi where he has almost completed his post graduate accountancy course. He is a delightful young man and we had a lovely day. After lunch we went to Chatsworth for the afternoon.
Well, I'd better make a move. I'm off to see one of my friends who has had major surgery in the last couple of weeks. Time for a natter!

No comments: