Wednesday 24 September 2008

wednesday 24th September

I have had a nice day today. The sun was shining so I got a pile of washing out - I won't think about the ironing. Then I addressed and filled 66 envelopes with my newsletter for 60+ guiders and got them posted. At 12.30 I went off for my second art lesson. This week, we had another try at watercolour painting. There is so much to learn and it's quite difficult to learn to use the water as well as the paint. My masterpiece is a work in progress to be finished next week. I might even photograph it to put in my blog, as long as you remember that I have only had 2 art lessons in my whole life! I must practise the techniques. After the class I went a little walk. We live in such a lovely part of the world that it is nice to enjoy it in the sunshine. Mind you, I should have been spending time in the garden, tidying it up. I was just reading my friend's blog and she does read a lot. I used to read such a lot. I still read but not as much as I did - I'll have to change that!
As I went down to the village there was a couple having a row and the language was awful. The bloke threw something away, which hit a car. The car driver got out and said something, next minute he's receiving a mouthful of abuse and the offer of a fight. Thankfully, he got back in the car. The aggressive bloke was as high as a kite on either drugs or drink and this is at 3.30 in the afternoon with all the kids coming home from school to see and hear it all. I find it so sad that relatively young people are in such a dependent state, with no self respect and full of anger. I don't know what the answer is.
Anyway, I must go and practise my art - I've got a fortune to make!

No comments: