Thursday 25 September 2008

Thursday 25th September

I have just got in and had a nice surprise - or so I thought! I had a payslip giving me a very nice sum of money, almost £2000. I hoped it was a bonus for having taught so long, but no such luck.
It appears that the school has appointed another teacher with my surname and initial and the money was his - what a shame! I could have done some mischief with that amount.
I had been into Manchester as I had to go to the Guide shop to pay some bills and into the office to get an address or 2. That didn't take long, so I thought I would go to the Art gallery. There was a new exhibition on but it was on the second floor. Now, Manchester Art gallery is a beautiful old classical building which has had some refurbishment internally. Part of this refurbishment is a new stairwell and lifts - all of which are glass and the stairs are open tread. As I suffer from vertigo, this is not good! I asked if there was another way up or down, but there was only a metal, spiral staircase which I couldn't manage. I was not very pleased. It meant I didn't see the exhibition.
I've just switched on the news and it looks as though they are in a lot of trouble. Maybe our government will stop thinking that everything American is good!
I have been trying to read my friend's story of the heron, but it's all in French ( that's because she's french!) I struggled a bit, but got the gist. We have a heron who flies over now and then, and occasionally rests on the roof. I think he's eyeing up the fish in next door's pond, but maybe not.
Well, I'll have to go and take my husband out to meet the boys. That means I have to pick him up later. What a good wife I am!! While he's out I think I'll practice my painting.......or have a nap. We'll see.

No comments: