Tuesday 7 October 2008

Tuesday 7th October

Another lovely day in paradise! It's pouring down with rain yet again. My garden is like a quagmire and is looking a bit sad. I need to get out there and clear/tidy up all my pots and do something about the cats! Since we lost our lovely Rufus dog the local cats regard our garden as theirs and they lie in wait for the birds.
Our lunch went very well yesterday and I'm all geared up to take over at the end of November for a couple of months at Guides. J. has worked really hard and planned a good programme - I just have to deliver! I just hope I can be organised as she is.
Afterwards I went to see one of our older WI members who is now in a nursing home. We had a good talk although her mind kept slipping a little bit. She has lived in the same cottage for all her life, even after she married. It has a wonderful view over the valley and the resevoirs - she must miss it, even though she is now being looked after physically. She has lots of stories about her village, even all the scandal from years and years ago.
As it is such an awful day, I had better tackle my ironing and get it out of the way - oh joy!! This afternoon I have the little ones at church and tonight, a meeting. Kevin will not be home until about 9.30 this evening. I hope to get some time to finish my book, so I'll sign off and get on with my chores.

No comments: