Wednesday 15 October 2008

Weds 15th October

I have just returned from my Art Class where I have been introduced to pastels. I enjoyed it because it was messy and you could have a good time blending colours.My first attempt was OK but not wonderful so I'll have to keep trying!
Yesterday was a bit hectic as we were delivering all the harvest stuff to a centre for the homeless. This centre is supported by all the local churches and staffed by volunteers They provide 'listeners' who give support and advice to the people who come and, of course, they are also given a free hot meal. It was sad to see so many who have been brought down by drugs and/or alcohol or just circumstances. Where is the support for them? It should not be left to volunteers and charity donations.
After that I went to Praise and Play with the little ones, which was lovely and then off to WI.
The speaker was really interesting and she talked about silk painting and silk dying and donated a beautiful scarf for the raffle. Unfortunately I didn't win it - what a surprise!
The rest of the meeting wasn't too good, but there we go. You can't win them all.
well, I have to get on with some letter writing etc as I'm out again tonight. I also have a carol service to plan and various other things I must do. So I'll sign off now.

No comments: