Thursday 9 October 2008

Thursday 9th October

It's been a beautiful autumn day today. It's been warm and sunny with a bit of a 'nip' inthe air. I do like autumn especially the trees as they change colour before they lose their leaves.
The best place to be in autumn is the Lake District. We'll be there in a fortnight so hope we're not too late and the weather is fine. Not a lot to ask, is it?
I finished my book this morning. I bought it as a light read but it turned out a bit more than that. The author is a doctor who is on TV quite often and is very funny. He has written about his first year as a doctor in a hospital. There are funny bits but it does seem to highlight the so-called demise of the National Health service, especially with the care of the elderly, which is worrying as I'm getting on a bit. I think it's a bit simplistic to blame that on the NHS but it is a good target. I could go on about this, but I won't. Now I have to decide what to read next - a biography might be good. I've got a pile of books I haven't read yet so I'm a bit spoiled for choice.
My art class went well yesterday. We had to draw a still life. I have never been taught to draw properly so it was a bit of a challenge, but I was quite pleased with my first attempt. It was better than my first watercolour. Next week we're trying pastels which will probably will be very messy.
I had an e-mail from my goddaughter today. She sounds brighter than she has for a while. I hope we can manage to see her at half-term and the children too, especially as it's her birthday and her daughter's too. The last time we saw them was Easter last year - far too long!
Well, I've just watched a good film. I'm not a great film fan, unlike my husband and french friend but I enjoyed this one. It was a feel good romance - 27 dresses starring Katherine Heigl. I do like a bit of romance.
We're really trying to cut down on eating rubbish. Tonight I made spicy lentil soup with a cheese and tomato muffin. It was very nice so I hope it fills us up until breakfast!
Well, I shall go and make my shopping list for tomorrow. Such excitement!!

No comments: