Sunday 5 October 2008

Monday, 6th October.

Another week starts and I'm out to lunch today while my dear husband is at work. Nowhere special but I'm meeting J. the guider I work with on a Friday night. She's expecting her second baby in December and is finishing soon for her maternity leave. So, we're meeting to plan the programme as yours truly will be in charge. We now have 17 girls so it takes a lot of planning!! Talking of guides, I was invited to be a judge at a talent show in a Division in central Manchester. It was a good afternoon. I do admire the guiders there - it's not easy for them, but they do good work. One unit raised money for an orphanage in Romania for several years, and the girls went out there to work. the girls themselves have not got a lot, but they worked for others - excellent!
On Saturday, the weather was not so good so we took ourselves off to a bookshop and spent a fortune. Now I have to find the time to read. One of the ones I bought is 'the other queen' by Phillipa Gregory. I quite enjoy reading historical novels as my knowledge of history is a bit shaky. The history teacher I had at school was dreadful and I dropped the subject as quickly as I could and concentrated on Geography. At the moment I'm reading a book by a junior doctor. It's mainly a light read, but does throw a light on some of their pressures. One of my friends was a doctor and, when she was doing her two year hospital training, we were invited to lots of parties at the hospital. I vowed then that I would try not to fall ill after 11pm or in August. August is the month when all the newly qualified doctors hit the wards!
Well, it's a cold frosty morning - just right for a walk. I'll see what time it is when i've done my chores.

No comments: