Tuesday 5 January 2010

Post Christmas

I was so busy before Christmas that I didn't know what to do with myself. I had to prepare a Carol Sevice for our County Trefoil groups, another for the WI and a nativity for the Sunday School to do in church. Everything went well, thankfully, especially the Nativity. I was so worried about that, but the children were fantastic and even the donkey behaved! .. Yes, we had a real donkey to bring Mary into church!
Christmas was lovely. Ours always starts with a dinner dance on the Saturday before and that went well. We had to collect Jasper from kennels on the Sunday, in the middle of a snow storm. We made it home OK and then battened down the hatches. My sister made it on Christmas Eve luckily. She has been a bit worried about her car and was worried about breaking down in the bad weather. On Christmas Day we went out for our dinner to a little tea rooms in the next village. It was wonderful! The attention to detail was outstanding and the food was scrumptious .....and no washing up!! Brenda stayed until the Tuesday and then went home and within a few a hours had ordered a new car! Talk about biting the bullet!
We had a few friends round for New Year's Eve which was nice. We all prepared a different course for the meal - I was hoping to get the cheese board, but no such luck!! Since then, we have not been out much as we have had a lot of snow - about 40cms. The only member of the family who is really enjoying all the snow is Jasper the spaniel, despite getting ice balls in his paws and feathers!
I've been really lazy since the New Year - the days just seem to pass by. Today we took the cards and decorations away, so that's something. Tomorrow, I must tackle my tax return. I've never done one before, so I'm a bit apprehensive about doing it. It would be lovely if they found out that they owed me lots of money, but I don't think they will. I've also got to write an after dinner speech before February and I have no inspiration..or jokes..!
Well, enough for today. I'm off to watch TV!

No comments: