Saturday 9 January 2010

Saturday 9th Jan

It's Saturday again! It's cold and we still have a pile of icy snow outside our house. Yesterday, we cleared the drive as much as we could and managed to get the Clio to the top. It took ages to clear the drive and our lovely neighbour helped us. Of course, almost as soon as we'd cleared it, the snow started again. It's been off and on all day today, but not heavily. However, it's really cold now. We've had some enormous icicles which Kev photographed, no doubt to be seen on his blog!
I didn't sleep much last night as my arm gave me a lot of pain and I couldn't get comfortable. I think it must have been set off by the shovelling! Anyway, it's a bit better today, but I haven't done a lot in case it starts up again. This afternoon I had a go at my latest masterpiece! I started it earlier in the week. I found a picture of an Art Deco lady and decided to paint it in acrylic paint. I found it much harder than working in oils because the paint dried really quickly. I was disappointed with what I'd done, so I 'googled' some hints on using acrylics and tried again this afternoon. The background is looking much better, but Rembrandt I'm not! The problem is I have mislaid the copy of the picture I was doing and I can't find it again on the internet. What an idiot!
Kevin took Jasper out for a run on the school field. He's getting much better at coming back (Jasper!) and he loves the snow. I'm not sure that he loves all the little ice balls he gets in his feathers, his paws and his tail though.He must have had a really good run as he's fast asleep across my feet as I type.
I must make tea now - good old sausage and chips. Our butcher makes the tastiest sausage around - pork and black pepper- scrumptious!

No comments: