Saturday 30 January 2010

boring.....



I have been reading blogs today, especially those of my friend and my husband, but also one or two others. They are so interesting and full of photos etc and mine is so bo..o..o..ring. So I have decided to liven it up by adding pictures and learning how to take photographs off my camera and put them onto my blog ( I can hear the exasperated sigh of my husband if he reads this...'I've shown her so many times and she STILL forgets!!') Oh well! Mind you, I have to remember to take photographs in the first place.
Last night I went to the pantomime to see Jack and the Beanstalk. I know that you usually go to the pantomime during the Christmas season, but our local amateur theatre always produces theirs in the dark days of January.
I absolutely love the pantomime - I can boo and hiss with the best! Where else would you see a man dressed as a woman in outrageous costumes, the young male role performed by a girl, slapstick comedy, the evil person and a good fairy? Wonderful!!
When I was teaching, I used to take the year 7 pupils to the panto at Christmas. We had a science teacher who was really strict with the pupils. She used to come with me and would hiss and boo, cheer and shout -the pupils were somewhat surprised and spent most of the first act watching her rather than the stage! Happy days!
Last night's performance was very good and the audience enjoyed it, although it was almost ruined by an over excited 7 year old on the front row, but the cast managed to shut him up!!
Well, back to mundane things, like perfecting an after dinner speech by next friday - not started yet, but all will be well.

No comments: