Sunday 25 October 2009

Sunday 25th October

What a wet and windy day today! The clocks went back last night, so we had an extra hour in bed - the best place to be on a day like today. So, I managed to get up and shower and went to church. Our vicar was away and we had a really old man taking his place. he was very slow at everything and, although he had a beautiful speaking voice, I couldn't actually hear him speaking very well, despite the microphones. Never mind, we sang some good hymns!
This afternoon I tried to tidy the back bedroom and sort out some clothes for the charity collection tomorrow. Many of our charities now post a plastic bag for you to fill and coleect it again a few days later. Unfortunately, in some areas, other people have been collecting the bags and making money for themselves. Sometimes it's a sad old world. Anyway, I can almost see my desk top and even the bed!!!!! A couple of hours tomorrow should do it and then I start on the shelves.
I'm in the middle of making a costume for kev to wear at halloween. It looks awful at the moment, but will look Ok when I've finished - I hope. It's only a bit of fun, after all. My Frankenstein head looks good now I've finished it - at least jasper thinks it's scary. Talking of that little monster, he's just drawn blood on my leg - he was catching one of his toys and missed and caught my leg. He's asleep at my feet now and that's how I like it.
I've also been looking at the work of my friend's son. It's called Hippolyte and Jeremie and is so good. We have some pictures of pigs that he drew for us when he was only 14 or 15 and we love them. I wish I could draw half as well.
Anyway, time for coffee so I'll close now.

No comments: