Thursday 22 October 2009

22nd October

Well it's been a beautiful week this week - bright autumn sunshine and the trees are so gorgeous. Last Saturday we went for a drive into Derbyshire. We bought a picture in an exhibition a few weeks ago and we went to pick it up. Not that it's on the wall yet, but will be this weekend....I hope! Then we have the garage to sort out - what a job!
Jasper's good - still ripping paper etc.but generally improving. He began his Kennel Club Good Citizen bronze award on Tuesday night and did quite well for a little fella. Whether he'll pass at the end I don't know - here's hoping.
I've been into Manchester today visiting a member of our Trefoil Guild. She's just had her 80th birthday but fell at home last week and broke her hip. She's had surgery this week and looked better than I expected, but I would think that she'll see some changes in her life. She lives alone and her family are in Australia so I don't know whether she'll go into sheltered housing or whether some support will be put in place for her. She's a grand lady - feisty and full of fun. her mind is sharper than mine (not hard) and she tells some wonderful stories.
Guides is closed for 2 weeks as the hall is being used. Last week we took them swimming in Stockport, but the pool was being used.So we went to the pictures to see 'Up' the new Disney film. I don't usually like animated films but this was really good. I'm not a great cinema fan, so if I enjoyed it, it must be good!!
Well I shall have a cuppa now and then try to get Kevin to try on his costume for Hallowe'en!! A sight to be seen, I think.

No comments: