Sunday 11 October 2009

Sunday 11th October

I can't remember when I did my last blog, but it must have been a few days ago. I have just finished getting our small former dining room floor clean as we are having a wooden floor laid tomorrow .......at last! We seem to have spent the last couple of days moving things from one place to another. Last night we went out with friends for a chinese banquet in Manchester. It was pretty good and we ate far too much, of course. When we drove into the city centre there were so many police around that we wondered what was going on, but then remembered that there had been a demonstration in the afternoon. We didn't see any trouble, thankfully.
Today has been parade day - it was Harvest and baptism at church this morning and then I was invited to a standard service in the afternoon. It was good to see al the kids taking part but also rather sad. The service was dedicated to a 7 year old brownie who had died last december of a brain tumour. Mum and dad were there, but how they coped, I don't know. The guides had made up a lovely song which was very moving.
On to happier things - my Jasper is growing very tall and takes full advantage of this. His latest trick is to grab anyhing he can off any surface he can reach, which is pretty well everything! Today he has removed a bottle of wine from the wine rack, a hammer from Kev's toolbox, a milk bottle, thankfully empty and various pieces of paper, socks, hankies etc. Goodness knows what goes into his little tum but he's impossible to catch.
Well, the smell of coffee has just drifted across my nostrils, so i must go for my injection of caffeine.

No comments: