Tuesday 3 February 2009

Tues 3rd February

It's a beautiful day today - the sun is shining and we have at least 6 inches of snow outside. The little ginger kitten next door doesn't quite know what it's all about and is running in and out and having great fun. The children are sledging in the park and me? I'm sitting inside feeling proper poorly! I've had a bad chest infection for a couple of weeks and yesterday the doctor gave me some different tablets and they're making me feel a bit off. Still, I have read a couple of books which is always nice. I enjoy reading biographies and the two I've read this week are Michael Parkinson's and Paul O'Grady's. Other people's lives are always interesting. Last night I watched a TV programme called 'Who do you think you are?' The programme helps a well-known person to trace their roots and sometimes finds some amazing stories. This is the third series and has inspired my K. to trace his father's family. His father died before he was born and his mum didn't really keep in touch with family. K was doing quite well until he started being busy again.
We went out to Manchester Art gallery to see Anthony Gormley's latest work. It was a good job K. was with me because the sculpture is oused in the newest part of the gallery - glass stairs, glass lift, glass walkways which are not good for people with vertigo! I liked the sculpture but I'm not quite sure what it represents. I think that everybody has their own response to art anyway. Well, I'm going to have a cuppa and try to amend the mistakes in my latest materpiece.

No comments: