Saturday 21 February 2009

Saturday 21st March

Well it's 9.45 on a Saturday morning and I am sitting calmly before the storm. This afternoon, I am going to our Thinking Day gathering - there will be up to 200 girls, aged 5 to 14 all joining in the activities. I've been allocated to the crafts corner where we'll be making oriental fans, henna hands and funky friends. For those who don't know, Thinking Day is a celebration of guiding when we think of all our sister guides around the world. One hour after this afternoon celebrations finish, I have to be all dressed up and looking glamorous (!!) to accompany my beloved to a dinner dance. I think there might be a chance that my nose may end up in my soup.
Kevin's been on holiday this week, but we haven't done much. We had a day in Derbyshire on Tuesday and had a little walk and then looked around Bakewell, which is a nice little town. We found a new art gallery and ended up buying a new picture. We haven't bought one for ages, so that was nice. Kevin saw a beautiful one, but, at £2,500 it was out of our pocket and it was so large that we would have needed a VERY large house to show it off.
Yesterday, we went a walk nearby. It is a hill called Werneth Low. It's not that high, but you get the most fantastic views for miles around. It was quite clear and we could just see the Welsh hills in the distance. It was good to be out for a walk again, as I haven't been able to go far with this cough.
I've been working on my portrait. It's coming on but I don't think the Louvre will be hanging it any time soon.
There is a programme on TV at the moment. An artist is painting portraits in the style of famous artists. Last night he painted a rock star from Stone Roses in the style of Cezanne. It was really interesting even though he only had a few hours to complete it. The artist used to be an art forger and has spent some time in prison for forging old masters.
Anyway, I'd better make a move on and get something done so cheerio for now.

No comments: