Wednesday 11 February 2009

Weds. 11th Feb

Well, it's nice to be out and about again! I went to my art class today and began a portrait in oils. I can't believe that I am even contemplating such a task. I have chosen to work from a photograph of a young girl from northern India. I've already done a practice run in pastels which looks OK ish so I hope that I can manage it. I've never really used oils before so it should be interesting! I've just looked on our friend's blog and she has put a lovely painting on - maybe one day I shall be famous too ha ha!!
The snow is melting at last, although I thought we were in for more last night. I went off to WI and had quite a nice evening. We didn't have a speaker so were able to chat to each other. One of our members is a young mum who is registered blind. She brought her Guide dog Becca with her so I spent most of the evening cuddling her! These dogs are absolutely amazing. As soon as their harness is on , you can tell that they are 'on duty'. Becca's mum is in training for a half marathon in order to raise funds for training more dog.
It's almost time for Coronation Street so I shall finish for today.

No comments: