Monday 17 November 2008

tuesday 18th November

I can't believe how time has flown since I last wrote this blog. Just after I had finished my last blog I got a phone call from the Guide leader saying she had had her baby 51/2 weks early. he was very little and is in the special care baby unit. So, I spent a lot of time geting ready for the guide meeting. they are doing a concert in a couple of weeks but don't seem too worried about it whereas i'm panicking. We have someone coming in to help with the singing, but the girls were a bit high, so we abandoned rehearsal! I just wish that some of them were more committed and less rude!
I woke up on Sat. with an awful pain in my leg and then found it was difficult to walk. I rested most of the day and then went out for a meal at some friends' new home. We had a really lovely evening, but when I got home both my legs and feet were VERY swollen - a bit scary. I went to hospital with a suspected deep vein thrombosis. They couldn't decide what it was, so I came home with instructions. He said that the pain was probably the onset of arthritis in my hip - great! It was all a bit scary and I hope all is well. It means I missed the rehearsal for WI extravaganza and am not sure I'll make the party. I've got to take a meeting in Manchester today, so I'll see how I manage.
Other than that, I've not done much. I haven't even done much reading or prctise my art. Last week we started a detailed botanical drawing. I don't think I've done it very well, so far. I've got a few unfinished pictures which I must complete. I do enjoy my classes as I've always wanted to do it.
Anyway, I'll have to go and limp up to the train in a bit to get to my meeting. Hope the next blog will be more interesting.

No comments: