Thursday 22 January 2009

I'm back!!

Well, here I am back after 2 months. Where does the time go? Such a lot has happened since then. The Guide concert was brilliant - the girls did really well and we were very proud of them all. My Carol service went well too, although it was a bit short. I've made a costume for K. to be in the adult nativity and entertained my sister for Christmas. Jo's tiny baby is now 10lbs in weight and has had lots of cuddles from yours truly. Now things are back to normal and the weeks seem to fly by. We had a nice time last Saturday. Our friend's daughter was 30 and we were invited to the family party in Leeds. It was a real family do, with our friends' three daughters, their grandchildren, nephews and nieces etc. Of course the younger ones went into the city later on to the clubs whilst we old ones went home! Laura was one of our bridesmaids and now she is working in product design. She has a job with the famous Betty's teashop in harrogate and is now working on their Easter catalogue.
My art class is back and I have been working in pastel mainly. I have almost completed a picture of a bluetit which is looking OK and a landscape which is finished and doesn't look too bad......not good, but not bad! I did a beautiful watercolour - the sky was lovely and so was the mid ground, but then I spoiled it by making a mess of the foreground!
Well, I am going now to try to beat the champions on Countdown, so will close now. Back soon!!

No comments: