Monday 3 November 2008

Monday 3rd November

Well, it's back to normal today after a lovely ten days or so. Our visit to the Lake District was good - we went with a group of people from church and got to know people better. K. was the star of the evening entertainment and of a piece of drama. On the Saturday we were planning to go out walking, but it poured down. I have never seen rain like it! We ventured into the local town, but decided to go back to the hotel! Coming home on the Sunday was a bit adventurous as the roads were flooded. When we saw the news on TV we were amazed at just how bad the floods were!
We had a couple of days at home and then went down to Bath. We stayed in a hotel at Limpley Stoke, a tiny spot on the map. It was like a big mansion, built of beautiful Bath stone which is a golden colour. All the trees were changing colour and it was very picturesque. We spent a lot of time with my goddaughter and her children. Thursday was a birthday party with 10 x 9 year old girls. It was good as we did an arty party and they were all dressed in fancy dress. K escaped to the local pub with his book! On the Friday we explored Bath for the day and went back for Hallowe'en. Because they live in a village, the kids all dress up and do trick or treat and the mums or dads come with them.
Since then, I've been stuck into planning a carol service for guides - it's coming between me and my sleep, but I think it's finished now - I just have to print everything out.
I wanted to get some painting done today, but I haven't been able to, what with dong the carol service, washing, phone calls and visitors! Anyway, I'm off to bed now as I have to be up in the morning to go to the hospital for a check up. I still haven't found a way to put pictures on this to liven it up!!

No comments: