Tuesday 10 March 2009

Tuesday 10th March

I can't believe that it is only 7.50 and I have had my breakfast, watched the news, checked my emails and am now writing my blog! I must do some cleaning this morning before I go off to the clinic, my mother and toddler group and then our WI meeting this evening. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!
I even waved Kevin off to work this morning. Things are a bit tense at his school as preparations for the new academy are under way. Last week the new curriculum came out - no history or geography as discrete subjects in upper school. Following reprsentations, they have been reinstated for at least one year. I don't know what is happening to our education here. this morning they announce a teacher training course lasting 6 months only, and a 'fast track' headteacher course so that you can be a headteacher after 4 years teaching!
Then we have the news that a policeman has been murdered in Northern Ireland. I really hope that this and the murders at the weekend are not indicative of and escalation of the troubles.
Now for happier news. Last night we ordered a puppy!! A springer spaniel boy,born last Thursday. We haven't seen the pups yet as they are so young, but I didn't sleep last night...worrying, thinking of names etc. etc. Bang goes my nice quiet retirement!!
I have just tried to add a photograph of his sire, but I don't know what I've done wrong. My computer skills are not very good.
I shall also try to show my very first portraits, both of which are works in progress. Then, i shall go and have my shower!

No comments: