Tuesday 17 March 2009

17th March


The top of the morning to you! It's St Patrick's day today and it's a beautiful day here - a real spring beauty. It's a whole week since I wrote and it's been a bit busy really. On Friday night we had our 60+ group which was fun. One of our ladies has hand bell plates and she brought them along and tried to get some music out of us. The bells have a lovely sound, it's just a pity that we didn't have much of a clue. We also received an email photo of our new puppy, so Saturday we went round pricing puppy stuff! I hope I've managed to attach the photo, but technology is not my forte. The pup was 5 days old when this photo was taken - he is so cute! Anyway back to my week. On Saturday night we went out to a pub in Marple for a meal - I've never seen such huge portions!! So, I've done two long walks this week so I'm feeling virtuous and my knee hurts! I've made 4 birthday cards, done a bit of painting, read a book and found the bottom of my ironing basket. A miracle!
The book was good - Snow Flower and the secret fan by Lisa See. It is about Chinese society in the early 1800's I think. I've always been fascinated by the old Chinese culture since I was little and this book explains things such as foot binding and a woman's place in the society. I have bought another book by Lisa which I hope is as good.
Anyway, I have a meeting this afternoon so I had better go and have my shower and do something before I go.

No comments: