Saturday 29 May 2010

ramblings

I have had a lazy day today - I got up at 7.30 to find that my husband had taken out our spaniel for a long walk, so I was able to have a shower and have my breakfast at a leisurely pace. The rain was pouring down and it was rather chilly after a beautiful week. I decided to get the shopping out of the way and, apart from cooking tea, I have spent the day reading the paper, doing crosswords and generally being lazy.
The last two weeks have been a bit busy, to say the least. Our friends are over on a trip from Oz and I've been able to see Janette twice so far, and we meet again tomorrow. I used to work with her - she's a lovely person and so is her husband. They were in England for 7 years and have made many friends as John was a Methodist minister. He has now retired so they are travelling all round England at the moment.
A group of us had afternoon tea at the Midland Hotel one afternoon, which was rather grand (and expensive!)
The day after, I was off to camp with 15 guides. We had a wonderful time. The weather was glorious, the girls were really well behaved and did all the chores without moaning ( a miracle!!), the activities were good so everyone was happy.
I came back from camp on Sunday night and on Monday went off to the council offices to chair a panel dealing with school appeals. The school concerned is very popular and is full in the new year 7, but we heard 30 appeals over the three days.
On Friday we went to see a flower festival in a local church - it was amazing!! The theme was the passing of time and the arrangements were so beautiful - no bunging the flowers in a vase!! I haven't any photographs as I forgot my camera- typical!
Well, I think I'll go back to my paper - ther's only the Eurovision Song contest on TV and it's not the samewithout dear old Terry Wogan commentating.

No comments: